Importers have a world of opportunity within reach but face complicated shipment logistics tied to ever-changing regulations, expectations, and costs. The manual processes for tracking shipments no longer work, given the complex shipping environment. Terminal 49 offers a better way to manage shipments. This shipping solution provides simplified shipping processes, real-time ETAs to address customer expectations regarding their deliveries, automation to optimize time, an experienced shipment and logistics team with global knowledge, and a process for reducing overall shipping costs.
Shipments are becoming more complicated.
There is a turbulent sea of changing regulations, demand for increased speeds, scalability issues, and rising costs. Additionally, shipments must contend with import tariffs, customs rules that vary by location, and packaging specifications. With multiple ports, carriers, service pathways, rates, and more, shipments no longer follow a transparent Point A to Point B journey.
Yet, some companies are still manually entering all their shipment tracking information. They are struggling with legacy systems and unable to quickly respond to customer requests on shipment delivery times.
There’s got to be a better way to deal with the increasing complexity.
Terminal 49 is that better way. Here’s why.
- Experience a simplified shipment tracking process to minimize hassle. Part of the complexity within the shipment tracking process comes from an increased number of shipping lines as global goods move more freely around the world. While this has increased opportunity, it has also shed light on the lack of scalability due to importers’ continued preference for manual tasks.
These laboring tasks include looking up shipments on shipping line websites and then transferring the data into a spreadsheet. Considering all the times that logistic teams check on each shipment throughout the course of its journey, this quickly becomes an inefficient process.
To simplify managing the supply chain, Terminal 49 provides a central portal to manage every shipment throughout its entire journey. All users need to do is enter the BL Number from any steamship line and instantly get all the details, including container numbers and vessel ETAs.
Users also benefit from SKU-level visibility to accurately plan their inventory. The SKU information will tell the importer exactly which SKUs will arrive, furthering the insights necessary to make decisions regarding inventory planning.
- Get real-time shipment ETAs to address customer expectations. With more complicated shipment paths, including multiple ports and customs paperwork along the way, anything can happen. The last thing that an importer wants is a surprise resulting in impending delays in shipment delivery. It’s important to know ETA updates immediately to plan accordingly.
Terminal 49’s solution shows real-time data through its instant track and trace dashboard. Individuals or entire teams can receive immediate updates via the Web or email if the shipment ETA changes.
Users can see all pickup and delivery appointments as well as download PODs. No more CCing everyone involved in an email, which typically leads to time-consuming email message threads and miscommunication.
- Automate shipment processes to optimize time. Today’s importers are looking to streamline and automate processes to iterate at a much faster pace.
Terminal 49’s automated platform optimizes transportation processes and communicates information about deliveries. The platform integrates into current SOPs, which makes it one of the easiest to adapt.
- Work with a globally connected terminal and shipment service to handle diverse shipping paths. Terminal 49 was built by a team that has a deep, hands-on understanding of the global shipment environment. Having worked in this industry and experienced the pain points for themselves, their knowledge of the shipment process at various ports around the world is extensive.
That experience has helped Terminal 49 connect with a wide range of shipping lines and terminals. These are all included in the comprehensive Trace and Track system.
- Review all holds and fees to reduce overall shipping costs. While there can be all types of delays along the way with a shipment an importer doesn’t want to contribute to the shipment slowdown by not addressing actions like holds and fees.
That’s where Terminal 49’s real-time dashboard solution further improves shipment management. Importers who use the advanced shipment tracking platform can easily identify any containers that require further action from just checking the dashboard view. Examples of action alerts include holds and fees related to customs, the steamship line, or the USDA.
Having this actionable shipment information upfront can help a company eliminate demurrage and thousands of dollars in charges and fees. At the same time, these shipments are not just sitting at a port waiting for the importer to eventually discover they need to clear a hold. Faster responses to these actions means the shipments can continue as close to on-schedule as possible.
Reimagining the Shipping Process For Today’s World
The world of importing and shipping goods has changed forever. So should the process for doing it. That’s why Terminal 49 has reimagined how shipment tracking should work.
Now is the time to learn how to better manage shipments and experience all the benefits of this powerful shipment tracking solution.